Kelly Services® Announces 2014 Future Engineers Scholarship Program
In awarding the scholarship, the Kelly Engineering Review Committee will consider the candidate's field of study and career objectives and the extent to which that individual has the commitment and potential to make a significant contribution to his or her field.
Conditions of Eligibility
To be considered for eligibility for the Future Engineers Scholarship, a student must:
- Be a full-time student at the time of application submittal, pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education in
the United States, or Canada, during the 2014 calendar year, and be accepted into the School of Engineering.
- Have a college cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or 3.5 on a 4.5 scale, and so forth).
- Scholarships will not be awarded to 1st year undergraduate students or those 4th year undergraduate students, who will be graduating on or before
- Be an
United Statesor Canadian citizen, a resident alien/ landed immigrant; be in good legal standing with their university if on a student visa, or in the case of candidates from American Samoaor the Commonwealth of the Mariana Islands, a United Statesnational. Submissions must include a letter reflecting the candidate's intent to obtain employment in the field of engineering in the United Statesor Canada.
- Candidate background information
- Candidate essay (800-1,200 words)
- Two independent evaluations of the candidate
- College transcripts
Since employing its first engineer in 1965, Kelly's engineering specialty has grown to be recognized as a leading provider of engineering resources to customers in such industries as automotive, chemical, defense, electronics, energy, medical device and pharmaceutical.
News Provided by Acquire Media