TROY, MI -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 11/21/11 --
Employers worldwide have received a mixed report card, with less than half of all survey respondents saying that their bosses have done a good job in preparing them for future success, according to the latest survey results from global workforce solutions leader, Kelly Services® (NASDAQ: KELYA) (NASDAQ: KELYB).
The findings are part of a new report, The Evolving Workforce: Effective Employers, based on the findings of the Kelly Global Workforce Index, which obtained the views of approximately 97,000 people in 30 countries.
Asked to rate their bosses, employees have delivered a passing grade for their performance, with an average score of 6.4 out of 10. Only 37 percent of respondents say that their bosses have done a good job in preparing them for future success. A total of 45 percent say they have not been well-prepared, and 17 percent are uncertain.
Nearly half of all those surveyed would be willing to recommend their current employer to a friend or acquaintance.
Results of the survey, globally, show:
- Both Gen Y (aged 18-29) and Gen X (aged 30-47) agree that Gen X make the best leaders, but baby boomers (aged 48-65) strongly believe that their own generation are the superior business managers.
- The most important quality in a good boss is leadership style nominated by 26 percent, slightly ahead of vision and clear direction (24 percent), and communication style (19 percent).
- Almost half of respondents describe their organization's leadership culture as either "empowering" or "inclusive." A total of 31 percent describe it as "authoritative" or "oppressive."
- Slightly less than half (44 percent) say that their efforts at work are recognized and rewarded.
- Among those respondents who say they feel rewarded and recognized for their work, more than two thirds (67 percent) say this takes the form of being "noticed by management," while 17 percent receive bonuses or incentives, and 12 percent are acknowledged through formal programs.
For more information about these survey results and other key global and generational findings, please visit the Kelly Global Workforce Index page in the Kelly Press Room.
About the Kelly Global Workforce Index™
The Kelly Global Workforce Index is an annual survey revealing opinions about work and the workplace from a generational viewpoint. Approximately 97,000 people from the Americas, APAC and EMEA responded to the 2011 survey with results published on a quarterly basis. Kelly Services was the recipient of a MarCom Platinum Award in 2010 and a Gold Award in 2009 for the Kelly Global Workforce Index in the Research/Study category.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA) (NASDAQ: KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 530,000 employees annually. Revenue in 2010 was $5 billion. Visit www.kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
+65 6494 6066
+41 32 737 1829
+1 248 244-5630
Source: Kelly Services
News Provided by Acquire Media